What is Expected of Mentors?
We designed this program to be flexible for busy faculty. You and your mentee have complete control over your mentorship relationship and can decide how you want the relationship to work.
However, we have some suggestions:
- Determine right away about when and how you will connect with your mentee.
- One meeting is required, but the number of subsequent meetings will vary depending on the length of the relationship.
- Approach your mentorship relationship with respect, professionalism, and an open mind.
- Respond to communications from your mentee in a timely manner.
- Help your mentee determine their goals for the relationship.
- During meetings, listen, ask open-ended questions, and provide constructive feedback to help your mentee reach their goals.